Anesthesiologist Assistants are highly trained medical professionals who work under the direction of licensed Anesthesiologists as a member of the Anesthesia Care Team (ACT).
The good news is Michigan is one of only 16 States, plus Washington DC, which permits Anesthesiologist Assistants to work there.
However if you wish to attend a dedicated Anesthesiologist Assistant training program you will need to travel out of State. The closest schools offering Anesthesiologist Assistant Programs are in Cleveland, Ohio and Indianapolis. In fact there are currently only 11 Anesthesia Assistant Programs throughout the USA (see below).
If moving out of State does not appeal to you then you may wish to explore related healthcare schools and programs in Michigan which will help you on your path to becoming an Anesthesiologist Assistant.
Check out these resources:
- Physician Assistant Programs in Michigan,
- Medical Assistant Programs in Michigan,
- Nursing Assistant Programs in Michigan,
- Dental Assistant Programs in Michigan
- Surgical Tech Programs in Michigan
Anesthesiologist Assistant Training Michigan
As already mentioned there are no programs dedicated to offering Anesthesiology Assistant training in Michigan and to avail of such a program you will need to travel out of State. We have listed the only schools offering Anesthesiology Assistant training at present in the USA.
- Case Western Reserve University – Cleveland, Ohio
- Indiana University – Indianapolis, Indiana
- Case Western Reserve University – Washington, D.C.
- University of Colorado – Aurora, Colorado
- Quinnipiac University – Hamden, Connecticut
- Nova Southeastern University – Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Nova Southeastern University – Tampa, Florida
- Emory University – Atlanta, Georgia
- South University – Savannah, Georgia
- University of Missouri Kansas City – Kansas City, Missouri
- Case Western Reserve University – Houston, Texas
- Medical College of Wisconsin – Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Listed below are the top 10 schools offering health, medical and nursing programs near you which will help you on your journey to becoming an Anesthesiologist Assistant in Michigan..
States which permit Anesthesiologist Assistants
There are only 16 States, plus Washington DC, which permit Anesthesiologist Assistants to work there – see the table below.
* Requires certification and licensing
** Practice under Physician delegation
Related Healthcare Careers in Michigan
The table below provides key salary and employment data for related healthcare and healthcare assisting roles in Michigan;
|Career||# Employed||Average Salary||National Average||+/- Average|
|X Ray Techs||6,390||$52,790||$45,730||15.4%|
|EMT and Paramedics||6,500||$31,480||$35,430||-11.1%|
|Licensed Practical and Licensed Vocational Nurses||14,490||$45,530||$44,030||3.4%|
Michigan ) is a state in the Great Lakes and Midwestern regions of the United States. The state's name, Michigan, originates from the Ojibwe word mishigamaa, meaning "large water" or "large lake".
Area: 96,716 sq mi