Anesthesiologist Assistants are highly trained medical professionals who work under the direction of licensed Anesthesiologists as a member of the Anesthesia Care Team (ACT).
Only Washington DC and 16 other States permit Anesthesiologist Assistants to work there.
* Requires certification and licensing
** Practice under Physician delegation
There are currently only 11 accredited institutions throughout the USA that offer Anesthesiologist Assistant programs. Luckily one of those schools is in Washington DC.
Accredited Anesthesiologist School DC
- Case Western Reserve University – Washington, D.C.
All other Anesthesiology Assistant Programs and Training;
- Case Western Reserve University – Cleveland, Ohio
- Indiana University – Indianapolis, Indiana
- University of Colorado – Aurora, Colorado
- Quinnipiac University – Hamden, Connecticut
- Nova Southeastern University – Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Nova Southeastern University – Tampa, Florida
- Emory University – Atlanta, Georgia
- South University – Savannah, Georgia
- University of Missouri Kansas City – Kansas City, Missouri
- Case Western Reserve University – Houston, Texas
- Medical College of Wisconsin – Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Related Healthcare Programs
Given the limited choice of programs for anyone interested in becoming an Anesthesiologist Assistant you might also be interested is exploring related healthcare program options;
- Physician Assistant Programs DC
- Medical Assistant Programs DC
- Nursing Assistant Programs DC
- Dental Assistant Programs DC
- Surgical Tech Programs DC
Find Related Healthcare Schools
If you are interested in exploring alternative healthcare roles and program options you can filter by your preferences below to see a list of options in your area.
Washington, D.C., formally the District of Columbia and commonly referred to as Washington or D.C., is the capital of the United States.