The best Medical Secretary Programs In New York
A Medical Secretary is an integral part of any healthcare team. As a Medical Secretary you will require a broad range of skills from good computer skills, to transcription, and bookkeeping and an understanding of medical terminology. For this reason most employers will prefer some level of relevant third level education.
Listed below are some of the top Medical Secretary programs and related courses near you.
Please note: If you wish to view schools in another area, or if you do not see any results below, please use the search widget in the sidebar.
If you are interested in pursuing a career as a Medical Secretary then you will be happy to hear that Medical Secretaries are in high demand. The Bureau for Labor Studies (BLS) predicts a 16% growth in employment of Medical Secretaries between 2016 and 2024 resulting in almost 87,000 new jobs in the industry.
Medical Secretary Salary in New York
In 2015 there where 12,020 people employed as Medical Secretaries in New York with an average salary of $38,150. This represents an hourly wage of $18.34. Medical Secretaries in New York earn 11.1% above the national average. Those in Washington earn the most of all with an average salary of $41,790.
The table below provides salary and employment data for Medical Secretaries in the main City and Metro areas in New York;
Choosing a Medical Secretary Program
Take the first step and request information from Schools in your preferred area. Simply enter your preferences and contact information in the search box in the sidebar or select from the Schools presented above to receive program and admissions information.
It’s fast and easy!
Important points to consider when selecting a Medical Secretary School include;
- What qualification does the program provide, i.e. certificate or degree?
- How long does the program last or take to complete?
- How much of the course will be classroom based, online, and work experience based and how does this fit with your expectations?
- Does the School have good resources to support your studies?
- Does the School allow for advancement should you wish to continue your studies beyond the standard certificate or degree?
- Does the School offer any financial assistance or scholarships?
- Does the School offer any assistance with securing employment?
Get Started Today!
Get started today and take the first steps towards your new career by reaching out to Medical Secretary Schools in your preferred area. Simply enter your details in the box below to receive information on the best programs in your area. It’s fast and it’s free!
Related Healthcare Careers
The table below compares key data for Medical Secretaries with other entry level healthcare and healthcare assisting roles in New York;
New York most commonly refers to: