How much do Pharmacy Technicians make?
- The average salary for those working as Pharmacy Techs in the USA was $31,680 in 2015, according to the Bureau for Labor Studies.
- The average hourly wage for those working as Pharmacy Techs is $15.23 per hour.
Average Pharmacy Tech Salary
|Average salary for Pharmacy Technicians in 2015||$31,680|
|Hourly wage for Pharmacy Technicians||$15.23|
|Top 10% of Earners||$45,030|
|Bottom 10% of Earners||$20,950|
Pharmacy Tech Salary Range
Salary levels for Pharmacy Technicians can range quite significantly depending on where you live and your level of experience:
- Average range across all States: From a low of $26,840 in West Virginia (or $22,720 in Puerto Rico) to a high of $40,980 in Washington State. This represents a variance of $14,140 in earnings, even taking into consideration cost of living adjustments.
- Average range across Metro Areas: From a low of $23,440 in the Parkersburg-Vienna in West Virginia, to a high of $59,800 in Napa, California.
- Top earners to bottom earners: Overall the bottom 10% of those working as Pharmacy Technicians earned an average of $20,950, whilst the top 10% earned an average of $45,030.
- The highest earners overall in the industry are those in Napa, California where the top 10% of Pharmacy Technicians working there earn an average salary of $71,440 – 125% more than the national average.
Top 5 States For Pharmacy Techs
The table below illustrates the States in which Pharmacy Technicians earn the most – taking into consideration cost of living adjustments for each State.
|State||Salary||Above Average||Hourly Wage|