In order to become a Physician Assistant in Colorado, also referred to as a PA, you must obtain a masters degree from an accredited school. All States also require Physician Assistants to become licensed.
Listed below are the top accredited Physician Assistant schools and related programs in, or near to, Colorado.
Accredited PA Schools Colorado
Choosing a Physician Assistant Program
- Is the School fully accredited?
- What percentage of graduates are successful in becoming fully licensed Physician Assistants in Colorado?
- How long does the program last or take to complete?
- How much of the course will be classroom based, presented online, lab based and work experience based and how does this fit with your expectations?
- Does the School have good facilities and resources to support your studies?
- Does the School offer any financial assistance or scholarships?
- Does the School offer any assistance with securing employment?
Physician Assistant Salary in Colorado
|Compared to National Average||2% Below|
|Top 10% of Earners||$125,340|
|Bottom 10% of Earners||$70,630|
In 2015 there where 2,330 persons employed as Physician Assistants in Colorado with an average salary of $97,330. This represents an hourly wage of $46.79 and is 2% below the national average of $99,270.
Physician Assistants in Nevada earn the most of all States in the USA with an average salary of $124,180, which is 25% above the national average.
Colorado Physician Assistant License Requirements
Once you have graduated from an accredited program it is required by Colorado law that you obtain a license to work as a Physician Assistant there. The Board of Medical Examiners governs the licensing of Physician Assistants in Colorado. You can contact the Board directly using the contact details below:
Address: 1560 Broadway, Suite 1350, Denver, CO 80202
Phone: (303) 894-7800
Related Healthcare Careers
The table below compares key data for Physician Assistants with other entry level healthcare and healthcare assisting roles in Colorado;
Top 10 Healthcare Schools Near You
Listed below are some of the top healthcare schools and programs near you.
Please note: If you wish to view schools in another area, or if you do not see any results below, please use the search widget in the sidebar.
Colorado , other variants) is a state of the Western United States encompassing most of the southern Rocky Mountains as well as the northeastern portion of the Colorado Plateau and the western edge of the Great Plains.
Area: 104,094 sq mi