Top PA Schools in Oklahoma
In order to become a Physician Assistant, also referred to as a PA, you must obtain a masters degree from an accredited school. All States also require Physician Assistants to become licensed.
Listed below are the top accredited Physician Assistant Schools in, or near to, Oklahoma.
Choosing a Physician Assistant Program
- Is the School fully accredited?
- What percentage of graduates are successful in becoming fully licensed Physician Assistants?
- How long does the program last or take to complete?
- How much of the course will be classroom based, presented online, lab based and work experience based and how does this fit with your expectations?
- Does the School have good facilities and resources to support your studies?
- Does the School offer any financial assistance or scholarships?
- Does the School offer any assistance with securing employment?
Physician Assistant Salary in Oklahoma
A career as a Physician Assistant offers great income potential and excellent job prospects with growth of 23.6% projected between 2014 and 2024. This is well above average within the healthcare industry and vastly exceeds projected job growth across all other industries.
In 2015 there where 1,450 persons employed as Physician Assistants in Oklahoma with an average salary of $102,600. This represents an hourly wage of $49.33 and is 3.4% above the national average of $99,270.
Physician Assistants in Nevada earn the most of all States in the USA with an average salary of $124,180, which is 25% above the national average.
Oklahoma Physician Assistant License Requirements
Once you have graduated from an accredited program it is required by Oklahoma law that you obtain a license to work as a Physician Assistant there. The governs the licensing of Physician Assistants in Oklahoma. You can contact the Board directly using the contact details below:
Address: PO Box 18256, Oklahoma City, OK 73154-0256
Phone: (405) 962-1400
Top Healthcare Schools Near You
Listed below are some of the top healthcare schools and programs near you.
Please note: If you wish to view schools in another area, or if you do not see any results below, please use the search widget in the sidebar.
Related Healthcare Careers
The table below compares key data for Physician Assistants with other entry level healthcare and healthcare assisting roles in Oklahoma;
Oklahoma ; Cherokee: ᎣᎦᎳᎰᎹ, ogalahoma; Choctaw: Oklahumma) is a state in the South Central region of the United States, bordered by Kansas on the north, Missouri on the northeast, Arkansas on the east, Texas on the south, New Mexico on the west, and Colorado on the northwest.
Area: 69,899 sq mi